We found some last-minute local to Louisville and Southern Indiana gift/experience ideas for you to treat your Mom or yourself.
Shop and Snack Gifts
- Buy a special plant at Mahonia (or better yet stop in to shop with your mom).
- Combine treasure shopping at Eyedia and a specialty dessert at nearby Wiltshire Pantry Cafe
- A free trip to the Speed Art Museum’s newest fashion exhibit.
- Create memories with Mom at Work the Metal’s Mother’s Day Paint Workshop and pick up a snack at the Butchertown Grocery Bakery.
- We have some other ideas for daytrips here.
Is Food the Best Gift?
- Treat mom to brunch at Village Anchor or Brooklyn and the Butcher.
- Pick up a mimosa kit at Blue Dog Bakery.
- Stop in at Cultured for a charcuterie snack and wine.
- Make a market basket from goodies from any local farmer’s market. At Douglass Loop Farmer’s Market you could collect nut-butters, fresh vegetables, sweets, cheese, breads, and oils and top it off with some fresh flowers.
Try Outdoor Action
- Take in some soccer with mom on Saturday night.
- Shakespeare in the Park — Broad Run Park at 2, or Norton Commons at 6:30, this Sunday. Romeo and Juliet
- Shakespeare in the Parks Tour – Kentucky Shakespeare
- Churchill Downs on Mother’s Day