After a long winter spent inside with little physical activity, our bodies may not adjust easily to increased walking or running when the weather warms up. Our shoes may also be worn which can cause plantar fasciitis-type foot pain. Raegan suggests myofascial release therapy, which can be done using a small ball. While a tennis ball works, some people may want to purchase an acupressure ball like a Spoonk Groove Ball. “Myofascial release can improve your range of motion, reduce soreness, help assist the tissue recovery process, help the body relax overall, improve circulation, and release tension, knots, and even stress,” she says. spoonkspace.com
• Sit in a comfortable chair or on a sofa.
• Place a Spoonk Groove Ball (or small ball) on the floor, just under your foot.
• Roll the ball around with your foot until you find a sensitive spot or pressure point.
• Press down with your foot just enough to feel the point soften.
• Hold for three to five minutes.
Andrea McGrath, Rainbow Blossom wellness category manager, also contributed to this article.
By Carrie Vittitoe