Kayla Cook, RN, and owner of Caring Excellence Personalized Home Care Service, offers a few suggestions on how to keep your loved ones socially engaged while maintaining social distancing.
• Take your loved one out for a drive.
• Set up a few social drive-bys with some friends and family so that you can talk with your children, grandchildren, and friends outside.
• Get drive-thru ice cream or a meal.
• Coordinate an end-of-the-driveway get together. Everyone (your neighbors) bring their own beverages, snacks, and lawn chairs. Invite someone to play music for all to enjoy.
• Book clubs are often fun for seniors. Everyone will read the book on their own and share a chapter a week over the phone with a book club buddy. Rotate discussion buddies.
BY TIFFANY WHITE
Leave a Reply