Whether you’ve been married for decades or are starting fresh on the dating scene, these six local date night ideas are ideal for older couples. Have fun!
- Gheens Science Hall & Rauch Planetarium at UofL: Catch a show featuring the mysteries of the universe in the theater that features a 360-degree projected view of the night sky. Contact: Louisville.edu/planetarium/ or 502.852.6664
- Belle of Louisville: Take a dinner cruise and watch moonbeams bounce off the water as you float down the Ohio River. Contact: belleoflouisville.org or 502.574.2992
- Big Four Bridge: Visit the bridge at twilight for a two-mile roundtrip walk lit by changing LED lights. Contact: Louisvillewaterfront.com
- Jefferson Memorial Forest: Take a picnic and absorb the sounds of nature under the large trees of the forest. Explore the woods as you and your date walk the trails. Contact: louisville.gov/government/jefferson-memorial-forest or 502.368.5404
- Cooking at the Cottage: Sign up for Date Night cooking classes offered throughout each month. Learn to make a delectable meal for two. Contact: cookingatthecottage.com or 502.893.6700
- Williams-Sonoma: Located in the Mall St. Matthews, Williams-Sonoma offers cooking classes including a free technique class and a cookbook club. Contact: williams-sonoma.com or 502.896.5740
Read more about dating later in life in our fall issue.
Leave a Reply