By Carrie Vittitoe
Patients with Alzheimer’s disease often have problems with visual perception, but Amy Sass, a client and employee coordinator with Caring Excellence at Home, has suggestions for minimizing the risk of falls and resulting injuries:
– Remove all rugs.
– Keep corners and floors as clutter-free as possible.
– Remove low-sitting furniture.
– Add furniture that is flush to the ground.
– Remove breakable items from surface areas.
– Add grab bars in the bathroom and by the bed.
Leave a Reply